total page views

Thursday, February 2, 2012

SLEEP WALKERS

Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. ~Chinese Proverb


Sleep Walkers

I dream of sleep
hidden in the cracked
moments of peace;
my body held in the depths
of gravity’s slumber, cradled
in the core of the earth,
slightly sinking,
warming the ways for my
troubles.

Shelter lies in the depth
of my darkened covers,
a shield that swathes
my human soul,
a haven of raw questions
amass in my heart gives
me hope for the purity of
your worriless home.

I turned over and
thought of you, like
a candle licking away at air.
I turned over and
wanted you, like
a candle’s illumine,
anointing my fears.
I turned over to
purify my burning life,
warming the burning in you.

I’ve been saved
by turning over
and facing me,
burning the feared
traces of my purging.
TJKG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to leave me your word of wisdom.