total page views

Friday, February 17, 2012

THE MADNESS OF IT

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”
― Marilyn Monroe

                                                                                        Photo:T.Kraft

The Madness of It

You need to find the bottom to everything,
to see if it will kill you;
this is the problem with trauma,
there is no middle ground to walk on.
No riddles to solve, no worries to weave,
no bruises to mend, no blood to shed, all
rimmed with barbwire to keep the truth out.

She says…
Your mind does not choose to have
a flood of guilt, a raging of war,
a loop of tapes, a mayhem of tears,
to tear down your body of borders.
I broke it,
so free yourself from the madness of it.

Whatever it may be, I want to stay alive, and if
you want to die, you can. I worked too hard to
find my way here,
to be victim’s blood. And hey--
one of us is crazy and it is not me.

How far under the radar should
you fly to make a difference
to the cipher of scabs?
I have the creator’s want,
the philosopher’s question, and
a poet’s blood,
you need feet on those words,
she says to me and then
I will drink them from your lips,
like water to wine,
she says to me.

I have the universe’s compass and
the ideas are flowing like holy-water.
She says, when you are searching for your
dream boat and you find a life boat
with me and Marilyn Monroe in it,
you will know it.
TJKG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to leave me your word of wisdom.