total page views

Friday, February 10, 2012

AMBUSH OF THE EDGE

A lot of times I came across as too masculine to men, and they couldn't handle me, they stayed away. Brenda Holloway


Ambush of the Edge


The silver link
slips over the head
of memory’s chain;
the paisley tie of society,
bound body locked from fluidity,
cinched firm to
the controlled leash of time.
Prong collar, a clanking reminder
demanding a
corrective pinch, a straightened path,
an evolutionary whisper,
a tethered beast noosed from
the liberty of his lurch.

His spirit rises leaving
past anger and resentment
and crippling ego to fall; a truth
found in one’s present
unknotting. And as each
knotted cord unbinds,
a hidden scar fades to freedom.
His creator is sculpting
revelations as exposed insides
alleviate trepidations,
a consummation of letting go,
birthed from the
breath of an unraveled heart.
TJKG

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!
    Super Songbird One Way Mirror Window Bird Feeder

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave me your word of wisdom.