total page views

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

THE BREVITY OF MY LOOKING GLASS

The image of our self begins as vanity and merges with maturity. As the viewer who interprets the image, a symbolic duality merging with the self is recognized. Picasso once said-- Are we to paint what's on the face, what's inside the face, or what's behind it? We must feel and be affected by the art of words and embrace the changes presented in life.

                                                                                                        photo-tjkg
The Brevity of My Looking Glass

I want you
in my hands,
for my limbs feel heavy
as I cannot see you
in the Venus of my
chambered fate.
I cannot feel the
tranquility of you;
I cannot see the
pearl of your soul
through my
secretly desired window.

Your flowered perfume--
I am holding hostage
in the blood of me.
For you my lover,
my body is starved
by the vitality of you,
by the portrait of you,
by the worldliness of you,
by the desire of one.

I gaze as a silent
witness at your
mortality through
my looking mirror;
youth’s summer vanity stored
in the boudoir of my
past. A cascade
of merging truth in the illusion
of the night, a slipping
recline of fluid slumber,
a waking climax of reality.

TJKG 6-12-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to leave me your word of wisdom.