total page views

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

SAVED BY A KISS

I am tired, Beloved, of chafing my heart against the want of you;
of squeezing it into little ink-drops, and posting it. And I scald alone,
here, under the fire of the great moon. ~Amy Lowell


Saved By a Kiss

You said to me, in the cool of the night,
one kiss will save your life.

I believe you,
as your eyes imprint on
me with intent. You stare
at the curve of my neck, and
move to the inside of my heart.

My heart beats through that look.
I think, one kiss might save my life.
My knees shake almost making me trip,

trip into your arms,
falling into a world without words,
like the scent of your perfume
lingering on my clothes
making you real,
discrete, and
profound.

Your kiss
sticks to my lips,
sticks to the hurt
living inside me.
Your compassion travels
across my boundaries,
across my fetish fortress,
and I open my eyes
to the morning…and
breathe in your sensation.
It is your kiss that saved my life,
like an open flower that seemed to have always
been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to leave me your word of wisdom.