total page views

Sunday, November 27, 2011

THE DAY I WOKE UP

                                    If you have tears, prepare to shed them now.
                                                                           William Shakespeare


The Day I Woke Up

Whipping wind,
metal to metal,
stagnant water,
          you
find me in the darkness
         of the light;
your fingertips become
         my eyes.

         I harbor pain in my core,
          once more,
            a resolution
that needs to be untwisted…
               uncomplicated,
                   cracked open like
                        our heaven's soul.

Eyes like twins and
a freeze that is too big to breathe
        through
         alone; you encompass me,
          soothing bruised water.

My journey, a charted storm, 
 pushes me to freedom, vigilantly
  releasing my heaving burden,
   God's wind breathing for me.

Unfastened,
   you hold my
    heart to your warm body,
     selflessly for you,
      all the while
leaving a streak of fire
         forged
in my quiet morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to leave me your word of wisdom.