total page views

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

MY IMMORTAL BLACK SHINES





My Immortal Black Shines

I prayed as a mortal girl, tread mire
looking for peace, as I consumed  
the inside flesh of my burning home.

I kneel as a woman trembling before my pyre,
my naked bones resurrected, my soul’s nimbus glows,
my Phoenix rose to restore my faith,
a mosaic of talons and golden layers of silent thrones.

It is an uncharted epitome to uncover change,
universal bonfires leaving me with a conquest of cinders,
cool water follows and continues to cleanse,
an earnest path that has taken me to a heavenly you.

TJK

5 comments:

  1. I like the visuals in this...I can see the phoenix rising and the cleansing water running clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool mysticism in this...love the kneeling..consumation in fire the resurrection of bones....a conquest of cinders...yet the cleansing water....as long as it ends with them...eh? smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. strong and erudite - I envision the purity after the fire as though the dross has been consumed.

    My daughter is at art school in Philly - small world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the title of this...while reading it, the image of a sorceress making a transformation popped into my head...nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the images of fire and water, and especially of the phoonix. Beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave me your word of wisdom.