total page views

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

RAVISHED




I cannot exist without you - I am forgetful of every thing but seeing you again - my Life seems to stop there - I see no further. You have absorb'd me. I have a sensation at the present moment as though I were dissolving... I have been astonished that Men could die Martyrs for religion - I have shudder'd at it - I shudder no more - I could be martyr'd for my Religion - Love is my religion - I could die for that - I could die for you. My creed is Love and you are its only tenet - You have ravish'd me away by a Power I cannot resist. Keats




Ravished

Life smothers  
the soft pores of a face,
the slow sheath of an age,
from you to me, from me to me;
I once believed I could escaped time.
Life’s passage leaves a ravished face--
once a face of smoky tears,
a face of blue steel, an extinguishable face,
a face from the ocean’s bottom surfacing--
a face seeking life, a life finding soul.
Each emerging crease, a layered minute,
a shapeless destiny,
a captured experience flooded with
a rapture of a drawn presence.

Each time she was
touched, she was consumed, she was freed--
delicately, tenderly, knowingly
her face overwhelms the facade
of her silenced love. An absolute life
deepens the home of a ravished face from above.
TJKG

2 comments:

  1. nice...a face from the bottom of the ocean surfacing...a layered minute...cool descriptions...and the freedom through consumation...i esp like that last stanza...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the concept here of a face capturing life's moments especially the face emerging from the ocean floor how the face is like life's media to etch the milestones. Very powerful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave me your word of wisdom.