total page views

Thursday, May 31, 2012

A STONE'S WEIGHT

He among you who is without sin, let him first cast a stone upon her.”
John 8:7



A Stone's Weight


A private conviction,
a public persecution.

Ignorance was the rock
laced with anger’s fingerprints
hammering down on
delicate living tissue
sealing the blasphemy of
a hand’s fate.

(Are we governed by god or devil?
Are we lifted by hand or conscience?)

Put another stone
on the dignity of my breast;
I need more weight
until I can feel the truth--
I want to taste the gravity
of your haste.

Peine forte et dure--
(hard and forceful punishment)

Hand-prints left as
fossil bones in stone;
feudal memories
destroy thoughts
and their
heresy like a
double-edged sword.
TJKG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to leave me your word of wisdom.