total page views

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

BLACK SPOT ON A ROSE

Note: This poem is a conversation in the mind of mankind, the parenthesis represent the whispers of the conscious.

"I am strong because I know my weaknesses, I am alive because I am a fighter, I am wise because I've been foolish, I laugh because I've known sadness!"


Black Spot on a Rose

The man walks as a ghost in a blackened dinner jacket.

(she owns a black spot of
resentment burned on her soul)

He hated the spotted red rose pinned to the cross of his left lapel.

(she was tempted by hatred
and ate jealousy’s red apple)

The man is judged by the thin blood from his heart on his white skin.

(she should know betrayal is
what caused her to lose faith)

His faith is the traitor in the verdict of the silvery night.

(her religion is the original sin;
the sin we are all living with)

The turning of three clock hands deems evil to the man's time.

(she staked an accusation to her soul
that haunts her throughout her life)

Each of the man's steps chews deeper into haunting eternity.

(her diseased rose is the collective sin
of mankind for which she has to atone)

The man falls pray to the mouths of triple-headed betrayal.

(running from a single ray of sunlight;
her growing black spot cloaks her soul)

The hollow man walks down empty side streets confused.
(she is the eclipse of her moon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to leave me your word of wisdom.