total page views

Friday, September 30, 2011

A SINGLE LIGHT AT YOUR DOORSTEP

While living in the midst of the illness of my father-in-law, we should all pray for the positive health for the ones we love.

“Compassion is sometimes the fatal capacity for feeling what it is like to live inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.”
Frederick Buechner



A Single Light at Your Doorstep

As the moon rose and set,
I let you
go on my
plea of promised sleep
even though

my heart mourns sea blue
and
the yellow of pollen,
thick with infection, and

there is no time for you
or me
to find compassion
in this chaotic
trilogy filled with loss.

I will let you rest from another
day of
hidden sorrow, from a
tragedy that has not yet
hit your house,

and still you show
up under
the guise of giving flowers
on a sunny
day in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to leave me your word of wisdom.