total page views

Saturday, March 26, 2011

THE PRESENT

The mortality of life captured in stone, captured in a memory, and captured in the balance of time. We walk on the slack line of adventure, just slightly leaning back so we can see into the future, and there we find the balance of mind and body in the ever present.

In art and dream may you proceed with abandon. In life may you proceed with balance and stealth. Patti Smith


The Present

Inside my life,
my yesterday is found inside a memory.

In the dark of alleys,
my heart ponders in the silence of night.
In the gray of bridges and skyscrapers,
my shadow resembles words like
past and death.
I breathe in the clock tower of my moment.

Outside in the city,
scriptures of mango vapors streak the sky,
written words of hope
and love illuminate the white.
Curls of rippling flames
parallel the moss of emerging light,
creating shadows as burning
lava looms over a sheet of snow.

Woken by spring,
quiet shivers reveal a life’s
authentic lips,
presses deeply into my face.
My heart beats in sync
with the breast of morning.
The slow change of day,
leaves no shadows looming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to leave me your word of wisdom.