total page views

Friday, January 6, 2012

THE CONSTELLATION OF YOUR BODY

“True strength lies in submission which permits one to dedicate his life, through devotion, to something beyond himself.” Henry Miller


The Constellation of Your Body

The incense of wet wood velvets
the pleading of my lips as your purity
is an anointment to my flesh.
I am undone by the thoughts
of the constellation of your body,
your cleanliness surrenders
me to my prophet's devotion,
(a white-winged victory balanced
over the benediction
of my heart.)
Your skin, the color of creamed milk, brings
trembling strength from a place unknown;
you are the birth of a vision of hope.
My prayers are sanctioned as
words escape through the
the scent of your breath, and
when you breathe out your swollen
lips turn from white to burgundy,
and the certainty of your life ignites
the smoldering embers of my
inner secrets.
The taste of your words bestows me
to the core of your existence as
the presence of you
standing right next to me
humbles my testament for truth.

TJKG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to leave me your word of wisdom.