total page views

Sunday, May 22, 2011

THE COUNTESS WITH HER WHIP

Whether she, he, or beast, one notices a woman in a fine pair of heels. I wrote, The Countess with Her Whip, because when I slip my feet into a high, high pair of heels, I like the way it feels. I don't do it for YOU, I do it for me. Heels are one of the forgotten pleasures that says more than nice legs!

“You put high heels on and you change” - Manolo Blahnik



The Countess with Her Whip

I don’t wear high heels for YOU—
I choose to wear them to own my
balanced position on a three inch heel,
which is six inches combined. I am
suggesting my seductive gate,
allowing me to just stroll
right above your opinion.
Those heels YOU gaze at have
been following me
since Hellenic times.
I have been waiting, just
waiting, for my adorned foot to slip
into my soft leather shoe that
erects my attitude. It fosters my
female emancipation. It
demands I put on high, high heels.
And my feet slip in, snug and fit,
and I stand and I feel my calves
pump up with fertility and
my pointy heels dig in and I
can’t deny the phallic nature.

I don’t wear high heels for YOU.
I have on stilettos and I know my
heels are glancing up at my Achilles,
strongly cupping my calf and I know
YOU are looking at my shoes as you walk
behind me, and YOU are mesmerized
by the red soles glimmering.
Impervious to the slings and arrows,
words and accusations,
desires and images--
I don’t wear high heels for YOU,
darling, I wear
armored patent leather stilettos,
black stilettos that make my
aesthetics sleek and pleasing,
slender and toned, like
I am walking on a perfect quest
to own my powerful womanhood.

Well, okay...
perhaps fifty percent of me
might wear high heels for YOU.

15 comments:

  1. You can say alllll that again. Heels are to be worn, not as a commodity but as the wearers own entity. we are entitled to such!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whipsnapping delight.

    Assertive, out front . . . right where you belong.

    Nice write.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love slipping on a pair of high heels but walking with them, no ~

    I like the turn at the end, I suspect most of us women feel the need for heels to show power, height and beauty (showing off long legs) ~

    Nice to meet you ~

    Can you please take off WORD VERIFICATION in your comment setting to make it easier?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha smiles...wearing heels just makes me feel so sexy.. but then...oh the feet ache and i don't feel sexy at all any more...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whipsnapping delight.

    Assertive, out front . . . right where you belong.

    Nice write.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. whew...you whipped my head around...love the attitude and strength in your words....and while i havent worn heals in a very long time...i mean does one time in college count...smiles....i feel you...my wife loves heals..she is an ex ballet dancer so they get pretty big...and i think too she likes the way she feels in them...but they do look good...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is power in this poem. It almost makes me want to wear the highest of heels.....just because!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...you pulled out the right attitude there... i say, that's CONFIDENCE and too sexy... there is this kind of feel that when a woman walks in heels something extra appeal and glamour from within comes out killing all who dared look her way... haha... strongly voiced out... smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol... attitude with a sense of humour :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Confidence and attitude in every word - brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You didn't say anything about the whip! I like the idea of (re)possessing cultural identifiers. What once enslaved us now sets us free?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You didn't say anything about the whip! I like the idea of (re)possessing cultural identifiers. What once enslaved us now sets us free?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The red soles are mesmerizing. Very saucy. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave me your word of wisdom.